Imagine being able to sit back and relax while all your marketing gets done for you, being able to have the time to take an hour-long lunch break and leave work on time without having the constant worry of sending out those emails or getting the new blog post up on time. Well here is how you can do it. The solution is called marketing automation. It is a software that automates marketing actions. A lot of marketing firms have to automate repetitive tasks such as emails, social media, and other website actions. Marketing automation makes these tasks a lot easier as it allows companies to streamline, automate and measure marketing workflows. This means that companies can increase operational efficiency and ultimately grow revenue faster.
How to use Marketing Automation
Most marketers today rely on email marketing to generate results. The most common way of doing it is to send email after email to an entire list of potential or existing customers, hoping that the message reaches some of them and persuades them to purchase. Although this method can sometimes be effective it is hard to measure. A lot of the time what happens is that you end up annoying your contacts and causing them to leave your mailing list, leaving you with no opportunity to market to them in the future. This is when marketing automation comes in handy, it allows you to nurture your leads through highly targeted personalised messages that addresses the customers specific purchases. This is a lot more personalised way of marketing as it allows the customer to believe that the email has been tailored to them.
What not to do with marketing automation
- Don’t just automate your current process without going over your end goals. When integrating marketing automation, it can be very easy to just automate everything you already do. This can then lead back to executing strategies that you know aren’t relevant to all of your customers.
- Don’t forget about your existing customers. Selling new business and closing in contracts can be hard work and very time consuming however, quite often companies are so focused on generating new revenue that they forget about their existing customers. You want to make sure you are bringing in new revenue as well as holding on to current customers who already have an attraction to your company as they are likely to keep coming back.
How to make the most of Marketing Automation
- Integrate marketing automation with your inbound marketing strategy. Inbound is about providing content that interests your customers. This works very well with marketing automation as it means you can provide the content your customer needs at the exact time they need it.
- Set up engaging campaigns to keep your current customers happy and coming back for more. Keeping your existing customers engaged with content marketing is essential in growing your company. We all know that it is a lot easier to sell from someone that has purchased from you before than someone new. Make sure you nurture the relationships you have with current customers by sending segmented customer only content that will encourage them to return to your company.
- Make sure you are providing highly targeted and specific content. Proving the content that people are looking for is essential for you so that you don’t end up in the customer junk mail.
Marketing Automation tools
Marketing automation tools are used to help integrate marketing automation into your company. Some examples of marketing automation tools include; Hub Spot, Drip and data bowl.
The advantages of using Hub Spot is that the system does a little bit of everything. Hub Spot describes itself as an ‘inbound marketing software’ which means it offers a variety of tools. This all in one approach can be really convenient for a company.
Another tool that can be used for marketing automation is Drip. Drip splits the difference between being a CRM and an ESP, giving you’re an unparalleled flexibility. Drip is known as a light weight marketing automation software because it is easier to use and less costly than others.
Data bowl is another marketing automation tool. Data bowl powers real time connections between consumers, advertisers and online publishers. It measures your entire marketing process from initial interest through to your end result.
How 8-digital can help
Our team of digital marketeers are well versed in all things digital and development. Our skill set allows our team to work with clients to understand their business and implement automation systems which free up their time. By nurturing leads automatically, business can focus on making their clients happy.
Want to learn more about how 8-digital can help, get in touch here.