ROI. The most dreaded acronym within a marketeer’s world. Especially when looking at developing a co-marketing program where the main goal is not necessarily to generate direct revenue. It is tricky to offer real value to partners whilst keeping on track with key business indicators. Here at 8-digital, we have extensive experience when it comes to implementing global co-marketing initiatives. We ensure that anything we implement reinforces partner engagement as well as lead generation initiatives. This landscape is ever evolving, this is not only because of the complexity of the Channel, but because ambitious partner programs must be aligned with new models for purchase decision marketing. So, we hear you ask, what does it take to be successful in deploying a co-marketing program that will work in this day and age? Well, we have put together the 5 golden rules to get you started:
1. Channel Marketing Automations – By using an integrated channel marketing platform, this will allow for partners to effectively run lead generations activities efficiently, as well as being able to let the vendor streamline operations and advance channel performance.
2. Channel Marketing Concierge – Sometimes, the do-it-yourself approach is not always the smartest and safest option. By having a dedicated channel marketing concierge, it can help to improve sales support, overall channel health and also lead qualification.
3. Partner Relationship Management (PRM) – The Partner Portal is often considered to be your front window. You should never underestimate the power of the portal, especially when it comes to partner recruitment and ongoing loyalty.
4. Global Program Management – By having on single point of contact for not only the partner, but the vendor as well, helps to simplify the process and also allows for a better user experience.
5. Measurement and Report – One of the most crucial rules. By measuring and report on the program, this allows you to assess the performance a repeat the success. This is through promoting the best practices across regions.